-->

Saturday, November 26, 2016

THE MOST JOYOUS & DANGEROUS ROOM


I've read that the most hazardous room in your house is the bathroom. For me, it has to be the kitchen, definitely and without a doubt!

I am blessed with a kitchen and formal dining room that each have beautiful nature views; but stuff happens.

Twice, I've had fires on my stove top that sent me into a panic!

The first time, I was frying coconut shrimp. Oil splattered and flames shot up! Luckily, I managed to suffocate it. Perhaps I'd better stick with TV dinners, I figured.  Afterward, I found coconut shrimp at the supermarket that could be baked instead.

The second incident happened recently. I fixed a burner that had been long dead and got it working again. Well, as I was setting my table I heard an explosion! I ran into the kitchen and saw my tea kettle engulfed in flames! Fortunately again, I was able to put it out.

One incident involved blood.

The summer before last, I was reaching for a glass in the back of my cabinet. Two in the front started tumbling toward me. Instantly, I grabbed them smashing them together, breaking both. A piece of glass went into the upper side of my wrist below the mound of Venus (I've studied palm reading.) Blood gushed profusely down my arm. I was unable to stop the bleeding.

I thought about calling 911, then I remembered that I don't have Insurance. I raced upstairs and got scotch tape, that stopped the bleeding! Had it not, my next step would have been duct tape.

Recently, I have discovered and fallen in love with spaghetti squash. For me to love ANY vegetable is a rarity indeed! So I eagerly bought one at the supermarket. Well it was like trying to cut thru a rock! It was frustrating. I was breaking into a heavy sweat! Suddenly the knife slipped and barely missed going thru my wrist! I picked up that squash and hurled it out into the back yard! It's rotting out there as I type.

In my mind, preparing one is tantamount to going out and killing your own turkey. But I haven't given up on spaghetti squash. I'm going to purchase a small hatchet at the hardware store. Let's hope I don't chop off any fingers!

Oh yeah, and Christmas dinner is just ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment