-->

Sunday, November 3, 2019

YIPPEEE, HALLELUJAH, & YAY


Eastern Standard Time is back and it's dark by 6:00 PM just as it should be! I wish it was this way year round! We get way too much nasty noxious sunshine as it is especially here in Florida. Almost everyone has been brainwashed into believing sunshine is healthy for humans when in fact it's just the opposite.

I'd move to someplace in Alaska where it's dark for days on end if it weren't for the temperatures (I like it cool not freezing!), also there's the high prices, and the politics. -- Hey Sarah Palin, I've actually been to Russia and even strolled in Red Square. And you would fit in perfectly there as a citizen!

But Eastern Standard Time is back at long last now and this works out perfectly! At 6:00 PM I settle in to watch the news. I need darkness around me to fully enjoy TV! And I have just enough time beforehand to fix myself a mug of Bustelo coffee combined with a disk of Abuelita Mexican Drinking Chocolate. The perfect cup of hot mocho! Bring on the dark!

Of course there is an adjustment period. For over a week or more I'll be getting up at 4:30 AM and going to bed at 9:30 PM with plenty of naps in-between. But that's OK.

I keep reading about all those fools who want to make Daylight Savings Time permanent. Really! What are they thinking? Eastern Standard Time is perfect! I say get rid of Daylight Savings Time forever!!!

I look forward to that magic day when I can finally open my windows and let the free air-conditioning flow inside, always a blessed occasion that I celebrate with a breakfast of hot buttermilk biscuits, orange marmalade and Scottish Tea.

Before Global Warming got a foothold October and November were not summer months as they are now. 80 plus temperatures in November were unheard of when I was growing up. Ugh! Soon I'll be running my air-conditioner year round!

I just hope any chill hangs around long enough to bring out my winter wardrobe. I have so many gorgeous coats, sweaters, boots, & scarves that I seldom get to wear anymore! Curse you Climate Change! You are not only destroying the planet but my style as well!

This past summer was overlong, miserable, and expensive. And now, thankfully Hurricane season is over too, at long last, (at least until next June) another reason to celebrate!

And the most festive and wonderful holidays will soon be upon us. Hurray!!!

The best time of the year has arrived!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment