-->

Saturday, May 21, 2016

HOTEL, MOTEL HELL-OOOOOO


One of my favorite summer replacement TV shows is Gordon Ramsay’s HOTEL HELL. I hope it will be returning this year. In it, the fiery-tempered chef cusses and insults incompetent and irresponsible hotel and resort owners. Their places have gone to seed and he gets them up to speed.

I always wonder how many of his changes actually stick! Most of these people would be better off selling and getting into something else. They should do updates!

This brings to mind a favorite horror flick of mine, MOTEL HELL. (This movie is an absolute hoot and a scream!!!) Starring an aged Rory Calhoun as Farmer Vincent, he and his younger sister own a motel with a farm in the back. Besides running the motel, Vincent butchers and smokes meat. He sells it to patrons & tourists, many of whom end up as the main ingredient. Plus he sets traps for unwary motorists.

Vincent’s smoked meat is legendary due to its unique flavor and deliciousness. His slogans are: “All kinds of critters go into Farmer Vincent’s fritters.” and “Meat is meat and people got to eat.”

This reminded me of an incident from my childhood when I was around 4 years old. My older friend Sharla & I were exploring the wilderness behind the house. All of a sudden she cried out in pain! There was a bloody slash on her arm from a sharp branch.

She pulled back the skin on her wound. “This is meat,” she told me. Well, it looked just like the bloody stuff my mother brought home from the butcher. It turned me off to meat forever, at least on mammals.

My father was stationed in Japan after WWII. He claimed that in the Northern part of the country during long, harsh winters families would kill and eat their youngest child to keep from starving. (He was dead serious, NOT kidding!) As the youngest member of my family this gave me chills!

Dad once told me that the reason people were more violent in the past was because they were forced to hunt to eat. “There is little difference between killing and cutting open a large animal than a human being.”-- I think there’s something to this!

Oh, but wouldn’t it be fun and interesting if Gordon Ramsay was sent to Farmer Vincent’s MOTEL HELL! -- There’s a movie that I would pay to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment