-->

Thursday, April 3, 2014

WHOA, LOOK! A NEW BOOK!


Not just ANY book, but mine!!! This one was co-authored with April Sampson. Ours is a budget beauty, self-improvement, healthy lifestyle manual. And it is jam-packed with lots of useful information. The title: How To LOOK LIKE A PRINCESS ON A PAUPER’S BUDGET And You Don’t Have To Kiss A Toad To Do It.

This publication was NOT written for models, actresses, or trophy wives; but ordinary women who want to look like one or better without destroying their budget or getting a sugar daddy. The latter is toad kissing!

My part has to do with fashion, make-up, diet, fitness, and over-coming unhealthy habits. I instruct women how to dress for their body type. Putting clothes together is an art. Looking magnificent has more to do with creativity than spending extravagantly. 

Also I show how to create unique pieces of beautiful jewelry from scraps, something I’ve been doing for decades. Plus I give hair & skin care advice, as well as clothes- shopping tips, and much more!

This book is a departure for me. Not only because it’s co-authored. Largely, I just compiled info for the reader. I searched high and low for the best, effective and money saving tips. But I also share plenty of my old white witch beauty secrets along with others. Some go all the way back to ancient Egypt!

The most creative was April Sampson! April illustrated ALL of my previous books. This time, she contributed to the text as well. Not only is this publication filled with her beautiful illustrations, many in full color; April also gives valuable advice on nutrition and shares her recipes. Each one is nutritious, economical, low-calorie, and delicious.   

Let me tell you about her qualifications. April Sampson taught nutrition classes to low income women; lessons included planning weekly meals and grocery shopping, plus how to prepare inexpensive, low calorie, and tasty cuisine.

April has been a nursing assistant and a pre-school teacher. She is also a children’s book author. Plus April is highly skilled in a variety of arts and crafts.

I met April during the middle of the last decade when Crosam Press published my first book. She was the C.E.O. as well as illustrator! -- April is not a Princess, she is a Queen! I really came up with this manual for all of us who cannot be April Sampson.

I believe in giving yourself every advantage in life. And being attractive is a powerful one! The control lies within your own hands. Strive to be better than you are. This manual highlights those first crucial steps.

Originally, it was intended to be just a brochure. I didn’t want to take on the expense of publishing another book. -- I should be using the funds for repairs to my home, instead! But I want to continue writing and publish more of my work. I decided to expand this and asked April to partner with me. To my delight, she agreed. She is the perfect person! Our input goes hand-in-hand. The reader receives the benefits of both.

Our book ran over budget, because I needed a color chart. And color is way expensive to publish! We were forced to condense to keep the cost down. The price on Amazon is $22.95. (I know women who pay that for a tube of lipstick). I’ll admit that’s high for someone on a fixed income. However on Kindle, it’s only $3.99. (Here in Vero Beach you can’t even get a decent breakfast for that amount!) Also the book is cheaper if you buy it used.

April & I were confounded to learn that Createspace does not have a set-up for a book authored by 2 people, although this situation is hardly rare. It is now featured under my name because it was my concept.

We ran into so many roadblocks our book was published 8 months later than planned.

Also there was an issue with the cover. I kept complaining the toad didn’t look lustful enough. I wanted to see that lust in the eyes and tongue! April came through as she always does and nailed it! To my amazement, the creature bore a striking resemblance to a former boyfriend. (The last toad I’m ever going to kiss!) Uncanny, because April has never met him.

I think someone should write a similar book for men!

If you follow even one-eighth of the advice given, you will benefit in some way, whether it is looking younger or living longer in good health.

Take pride in you appearance! Not for your spouse, your folks, or your paramour, but for YOU!!! -- I’m not saying you shouldn’t accept who you are. I’m telling you to be a better version of yourself! Everyone deserves to be healthy and attractive!

2 comments: