-->

Saturday, November 2, 2013

HACKER CANDY

I remain quite the popular gal with the hacker crowd. I am candy to these cockroaches. They've come up with several new interesting tactics of late.

The FBI in Washington D.C. emailed to inform me that I am under investigation. It all has to do with 10 million dollars in my name sitting in an African bank. This may be drug money used to support international terrorism. It was crucial I clear my name!

Forwarding this email was illegal, I was warned. Of course I forwarded it to several friends along with my Tech man, Jake. I thought they should know they were fraternizing with an international terrorist! We all had a good laugh, I'm sure. I knew that email wasn't from the FBI any more than I'm Ivanka Trump!

Also I have been nominated for entry into an esteemed business registry for exceeding goals and representing the best in my field. -- I have no delusions about my writing skills. Off the top of my head I can think of 20 writers here in Vero Beach with more talent who are definitely more success full! -- These cons must think I am not very bright. But I do know this, if you combine SPAM and HAM you get SCAM!

Plus there's all those generous people who offer to sell me a brand new car for 75 per cent off.

Others inform me that I'm breaking the law because I don't have health insurance yet, insisting it is urgent that I contact them. -- They must think I don't follow the news!

For a long while, I was receiving emails threatening to ruin my reputation. Headings were titled, BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST and JUST DISGRACEFUL WHAT YOU DID! These same cockroaches offered to make it all go away if I would just click on their link. Had I done so, either they would have gained access into my account or my computer would have been infected with a virus. -- Probably both!

I Googled myself, I was horrified to see the first heading on my list, TRUTH, SEE DIANNE LININGER'S ARRESTS! It read arrest(S) plural. I was only arrested once!!! It happened 20 years ago during an emotional breakdown. And it was a crime of passion and not moral turpitude!

This has since disappeared and I hope it stays gone.

I have learned that these same creeps also target people with NO arrest record. They charge $35. to view their material. Underneath, they state the validity may not be accurate. -- A lucrative racket, I'll bet.

Those emails PRETENDING to be from friends, acquaintances, and others continue!  Many claim to be from AT&T. -- All are reported! These are now old tricks and I've caught on.

My Tech man, Jake was here, recently. Jake has armed me with additional ammo to fight these cockroaches who continue to infest my computer.

I need to start thinking of these emails the same as I do unsolicited phone calls. As you probably know, there are plenty of shady people on the other side of the receiver among the pests.

Directly after my father's passing, a man phoned to inform me he was my new financial advisor. Dad had hired him prior to his death, I was told. -- The last 2 years of my father's life, I handled ALL his affairs. Dad was feeble and mostly deaf. I knew the guy was lying thru his teeth!

Later, a woman called. "According to our records," she chirped. "You qualify for a lower mortgage rate."

"What records?" I inquired. "I've never had a mortgage on my home!" -- My father bought our house outright.

"Uh, it appears we've made a mistake, then," she replied.

Yeah, big one, lady!

I screen all calls, now. Also it doesn't matter if a questionable email makes it into my Inbox. That hacker stench is a dead give away! There's a plenitude of vermin out there. These parasites do damage. My guard is always up.

Plus my hex is still out there. It just takes a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment