-->

Thursday, September 12, 2013

DIE HACKERS DIE

I am attracting hackers like vultures to carrion.

A free local newspaper has a column written by a computer expert. He states it's a myth that hackers are interested in the average person. They are only after corporate databases, the BIG targets, he says. -- This publication shows up on my lawn like dog poop every Thursday. That's about what this advice is worth.

Hackers are VERY interested in me!!! Sometimes I receive emails from 3 a day! Over half go to spam, but many still get through. I'm getting good at spotting them. (Some have a foul stench I can smell right thru the computer.) But the hackers are getting more sneaky all the time. This is why I refuse to have important documents emailed or bank online. I am not rich, but an older woman on a fixed income who is forced to live frugally.

I am constantly reporting these roaches to the SCAM/ABUSE Dept. of AT&T, but the problem only seems to be worsening. -- I've read they're hard to catch, much less prosecute. But I wonder if AT&T is even trying!!!

Also I wonder if I put a target on my own head by writing in my blog that I'm a computer novice.

However, it started when I missed an episode of one of my favorite TV programs. I tried to watch it on my computer by going to the network's website. Unsuccessful, I went to other websites. One promised to let me view it along with other shows. They not only lied, but my homepage vanished! Another was in its place. It demanded my personal info before I could gain access to my email and facebook account. -- Something stank!

I googled the AT&T U-verse Official Site and got everything back by going that route. It was a nuisance to do every single time I went online! One day, I found myself prevented from google, too. I got on the phone and called AT&T. They removed the offending page and restored my email. But I needed my Tech man Jake to restore my homepage and facebook account.

Since then, I've been getting numerous emails from cockroaches pretending to be AT&T. I am informed that I've exceeded my email limit and need to verify my account or it will be closed. These are titled YOUR FINAL WARNING! (They go ignored.) The only way AT&T would ever close my account is if I failed to pay them. If they closed it for any other reason, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Recently, I received an email from a company unknown to me, stating a $200. order had been shipped. CLICK HERE, it said to view the order. Instead, I googled the company. They were legit. When I went to reply, I discovered the email was NOT sent by that company.

Of course I've been contacted by the notorious Nigerian widow along with several of her relatives. These go straight to TRASH!

Plus it's not unusual to receive emails from strangers pretending to be facebook friends trying to sucker me into buying a product. It started when I was bombarded with emails claiming to be from a male facebook acquaintance. -- A man whom I'd never met. He kept urging me to try this weight loss product. (If I gained 10 lbs, I'd still be trim!) I was getting annoyed! Finally I hit reply! I wanted to tell him to put on his glasses, take another look at my picture or else get a seeing eye dog. Then, I noticed the name on the address was NOT HIS!!!

More and more of these began showing up in my Inbox pretending to be from facebook friends. Usually the friend's name is in the heading written in all capitals to mislead you.

With one simple maneuver, often you can view the source of the phony along with their email address. Sometimes, I have actually seen the hackers full name in the address. -- I don't understand why it's so difficult to trap these cockroaches! I could google them and learn as much about them as they know about me. I'm recording all their names and email addresses in a notebook.

Lately, hackers have come up with a new strategy. I am being alerted there is compromising information posted about me online. A damaging report that has placed my reputation in jeopardy. I'm advised to click the link below to view it. Then click another to remove it before it's too late. One warned: BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST!

I forwarded one to Jake, my Tech guy. I wondered if there was a safe way to view it. "Leave it alone," was his reply.

If someone has posted anything damaging about me online, they will be slapped with a lawsuit! -- Besides being the target of thievery, I'm clearly being harassed as well.

As determined as these roaches are to get into my account, I'm equally determined to keep them out! I'm learning everything I can about hackers to better thwart them. It has become my new hobby.

Too bad there isn't an instant and effective way to be rid of them! These are thieves entering my personal space and should be treated as such.

Wasp Spray works better than pepper spray. It shoots 20 to 30 feet and is more accurate. Any intruder will be temporarily blinded requiring a hospital stay for an antidote. It is also lethal to mice, snakes, and other vermin. I already have a gun, baseball bat, and a knife hidden in various places around my bedroom. I bought a can to add to my arsenal.

It would be wonderful if with just one click I could spray hackers with the stuff, too! Personally, I find the Wasp Spray too mild. I'd prefer to give them an electric shock thru their computer that would fry their hair and boil their eyeballs!

Since I can't do that, I've put a curse on them!!! I own a book of spells that I purchased at a psychic fair. According to at least one psychic, I've got some powerful connections on the other side. I think it's time to evoke them.

I want to smite these vermin and leave them a twitching pile of ooze like the cockroaches they really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment