-->

Friday, December 30, 2011

CROAKING A SONG FOR 2012

I have a singing voice like a Dutch Nightingale. For the edification of all non-history buffs, that's actually a FROG! -- Centuries back, the British and the Dutch were rivals. So anything inferior, or just plain crappy was labeled "Dutch". Think Dutch Treat or Dutch Courage and you get the idea.

As a small child, holiday songs sounded spooky and weird to me. Remember the ancient troll who tied up Carol? Woo hoo! And lets not forget Don and his gay apparel!

But then came New Year's and the scariest song of all, OLD MAN TIME! Which is exactly what I heard whenever AULD LANG SYNE was sung. And that old man was downright creepy, too! With the long blade over his shoulder, he looked just like the Grim Reaper's younger brother.

Here we are on the verge of 2012. Arguably the most frightening year in history. According to the Mayan Calendar (the most accurate ever created) this is the year the world ends on Dec. 21. I believe that's on a Friday.

For the record, I never bought into the Y2K scare.

I would not find this prophecy disturbing except that way back in 1987 a psychic couple gave me a prediction. They claimed that early in the next century the earth would shift on it's axis and the entire map would change. Also most of the planet's population would perish. And the few survivors would find themselves existing in a new stone age.

These were personal friends who never charged a cent. The lady (a former school teacher) also made predictions about my own life which came true .-- Things I never would have imagined! And they predicted more turbulence and extremes in the weather before the new earth emerged. This is happening, folks. The weather all over the planet seems to be going crazy!

Even my father was impressed by some of their revelations. Because they told us significant facts upon our 1st meeting. Personal information they could never have guessed! However, we both still had our doubts. Mostly because they had a friend (another psychic in town) who claimed the Empress of Atlantis was buried in his back yard.

I know if she was in our back yard I would have dug her up, taken her on tour, and sold tickets! Imagine the historical significance of such a discovery! Why hide this, display her to the world!

Still, it looks as if I've got one stressful year ahead. If this is my last year alive, I want to really enjoy it! At the same time, I don't want to squander my money in case this disturbing prediction proves incorrect. I can't afford any lavish high times. But I did buy myself the expensive basket of dark chocolate gophers for Christmas.

I could never adjust to life in a stone age. Especially now that I've entered my later years. I know I couldn't exist in a world without electricity! Just those few weeks without it after the hurricanes was intolerable enough. Besides, I now consider myself married to the DVR, which came between my menage a' trois with the microwave and the refrigerator.

I live in Florida and near the coast. So I'll probably end up buried under sand on the bottom of the ocean.

Since the Mayans existed several thousands years ago, I wonder if their calendar is really all that accurate? Or could it possibly be off by a few days, even months, or hopefully years. My psychics did say it would be an inexact date. Just in case, I plan to be home on that particular Friday. If the colossal tsunami strikes, I want to be inside this house as my last memory. The place I found my freedom and discovered happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment