-->

Monday, December 5, 2011

BE SEATED & DIE

A recent report stated that the more time spent sitting down the shorter the life span. Just reading that nearly gave me a heart attack! Because I'm still on my honeymoon with my DVR and movie channels. Plus during the holiday season, I spend so much time watching television I worry about getting bedsores on my behind.

Perusing the programming guide on my DVR often I see titles of movies I've already watched. Always I think back to what was going on in my life at that time. Sometimes I feel melancholy, or homicidal. And for that reason I won't sit through those films again. But there's plenty of others to keep me entertained. I've seen movies so cheesy they're fun, such as FLIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, Zombies On A Plane.

I absolutely LOVE movies! Zombie flicks are my favorite of the horror genre. I also adore sweeping 3 hour long historical costume dramas. I enjoy foreign films with subtitles and old silent movies as well. Action & slasher flicks are exhilarating to watch! Cartoon comedies are also a delight. Bring on the movies, I can't get enough!

Also this time of year I deviate from my diet . During the holiday season all the special food goes on display. Fruitcake, rum, & Amaretto cake, frosted Christmas cookies, shortbread & butter cookies, every sort of torte, multiple varieties of fudge, holiday ice creams, pecan logs, divinity candy, chocolate covered fruit, platters of petits fours & bon bons etc; everything sweet, delicious, and wonderful! Desserts are an integral part of the holidays. Also the brie wheels stuffed with fruit & nuts: and of course eggnog, what would the holiday season be without it. If I don't indulge, I feel deprived!

Yet I am a woman who absolutely refuses to be overweight! My vanity is as much a source of strength as it is a weakness. I have a lust for sweets akin to an addiction! But I do try to be moderate and ration the goodies.

A few years back, I was ogling a Christmas cake at a supermarket bakery. Tempted as I was, I told the clerk I was going to decline. Because a holiday party was coming up. I wanted to be certain I could fit into my beautiful tight dress.

Well she launched into a tirade about how it took her 50 yrs to finally accept herself as she was. But by golly, now she did! After she finished her rant, I told her, " I like myself trim. And I intend to stay this way!"

I can't relate to people who don't give a crap about their appearance! And they seem to be in the majority. But dropping weight has always come easily to me. And I love to eat, too!

Who doesn't love to eat?! But there's an old saying, "Don't dig your grave with your teeth." Over-indulging and being sedentary is a lethal combination. And this is a dangerous time of the year.

Plus this is one of the best television seasons in memory! I hate saying goodbye to those frisky and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. They will be missed. Despite of all the great new programs, returning favorites and lots of variety to enjoy.

The History channel was best when it was still the Hitler channel. But then I'm a World War II buff. However, I must admit I am intrigued by those ANCIENT ALIENS.

I am loving FX's AMERICAN HORROR STORY. And don't get me started on AMC's THE WALKING DEAD! I wish it was on every night of the week! I am fervidly awaiting the next episode when the season resumes in February. Also I've quickly become addicted to that riveting western series HELL ON WHEELS. And there's my old returning favorite ID's DEADLY WOMEN.

Recently in the news, were articles about 2 dead women. One was found mummified in her chair. The other was fused to it. It gave me chills! Could that be the way I'll go out? Which reminded me of another favorite show on the Spike channel. I don't want to be a feature on 1000 WAYS TO DIE!

I'm getting out my weights and doing extra push-ups, right now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment