-->

Friday, August 13, 2021

JUST LIFE

 

My friend Sue with her gorgeous platinum hair is taking charge of her life like a warrior queen and I'm proud of her.

Lots of changes are going on around me!

My buddy Marie & her husband have sold their home up north and are now full-time Florida residents. Because of Covid they spent the entire summer of 2020 here. With the exception of my 70th birthday tea at Rose's, we haven't gotten together since the start of the virus.

Marie's husband is in fragile health so her main focus is protecting him. Before I was fully vaccinated she wouldn't even allow me inside their home due to his vulnerability. This needed to be respected. And now there's the Delta variant.

My friend Rose & her husband have sold their home. Soon they will be moving to the center of the state. I hate to see them leave, but they're making the decision that works best for them.

Life can change fast right along with the weather.

I think back to the old days when my parents and I were living on the St. Lucie River. Two different boats we owned sank inside our boathouse from nor'easters within one decade. After the second, my father declared, "No more boats!"

Later Hurricane David took our boathouse along with most of our 150 ft dock. The dock was rebuilt sans a boathouse. And it was a cool boathouse too with a deck on top. We used to sit up there and gaze in awe at the expanse of the river. The St. Lucie was a mile across behind our house, plus we could see for endless miles stretching in each direction.

Of course by that time my father had lost his high-paying job thru no fault of his own. The corporation he worked for suddenly went belly-up thanks to the shenanigans of the man over him. Our entire lifestyle was pulled out from under us.

Sudden changes are often the most sweeping.

I must keep reminding myself that everything in life is temporary, including our lives on this planet. And the Earth itself is experiencing climate change. We're seeing intense weather with more frequent natural disasters now. 

Every year as the peak of hurricane season arrives I always wonder if I'll still have a house standing by Thanksgiving. If so, it will be more reason to be thankful and celebrate! Life's become all about living in the moment and enjoying what I have while it's still around.


No comments:

Post a Comment