-->

Saturday, April 24, 2021

SUBSTANDARD SUBSTATION

 

This is a vent post!

I'm hardly what you call a high tech type so I still depend heavily on the Post Office. I mail holiday & birthday cards regularly, often with handwritten notes inside.

Also I pay half my bills thru the mail and have valid reasons for still doing this. Although I'm leery because in this neighborhood our mailboxes are down by the street; so whenever I mailed a check I would drive straight to the Post Office. And I don't live close to one.

So I was delighted when a substation moved in only a few blocks around the corner from me. However it's crappy and my last experience there was especially aggravating.

I was returning an expensive item I'd decided wasn't worth the money. Also I needed to buy a sheet of stamps. The substation opens at 10:00 AM. I was early and debating whether or not to do my grocery shopping first and hit the station on the way home. However I buy lots of melty items and this is Florida, plus there's usually a line at the substation. Surely there wouldn't be one at that hour, I thought.

Wrong! I arrived about 10 minutes early to find a line already waiting. Soon another person joined in the wait behind me.

The clerk looked to be little more than a teenager. A sign was posted stating they were OUT OF STAMPS.  (Not unusual there!!!) Geez, this is a Post Office substation for crying out loud! They should NEVER be out of stamps!!! -- It's similar to when my Health Store's wheat germ & fish oil capsules are out of stock. I want to scream "You're a nutritional supplement company, how can you let this happen?!"

And the wait seemed unnecessary! The clerk was right there ignoring us doing things that could have been put on hold. Customers in line were looking around rolling their eyes and sighing as we all stood there.

Finally, the lady at the front of the line pointed out to the clerk that it was now 10:00 AM.

"My clock shows another minute!" the clerk replied.

Hot cat pee! Couldn't she sacrifice a mere minute for all these people standing there waiting? In frustration everyone gave out loud sighs and groans! The lady at the front of the line was shaking her head in disgust.

Eventually, my package was sent on its way. And I bought my stamps at the supermarket. Unlike this Post Office substation they never run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment