-->

Monday, April 5, 2021

FALLING DOWN OR JUST FALLING BEHIND -- NO!

 

Yesterday was what I refer to as a Ketchup Day! I catch up on miscellaneous chores I've been putting off. -- Yes, that statement is both corny and cheesy. But never mind, I love the taste of both! However it seems to take me forever to get anything done.

I recall reading an article in the newspaper about an incredible local woman.  A CEO of her own company, who runs construction crews, oversees property management, flips houses, provides in-home patient & pet care, along with chauffeuring clients to appointments, plus tutoring blind students in Braille.

She also decorates residential and commercial properties for the holidays, cooks lavish gourmet meals for parties, speaks 5 languages fluently, and is currently learning Mandarin Chinese!

These are only slight exaggerations! Just reading about all she has accomplished made me feel so tuckered out that I wanted to collapse into my recliner and nap.

Honestly, I do admire people like that. I appreciate them and am delighted they exist, but at the same time I'm happy that I'm nothing like them. That type of existence sounds Hellish to me. It's way too hectic, stressful, and peopley for my taste. Guess I'm just one of those low energy types ex-President Bone Spurs was always putting down. And I wonder what the pussy grabber would be doing for a living had he not been born into all that money.

Back when I worked full time I felt exhausted and drained one hundred per cent of the time. Plus I was much younger then. I'd rather be dead than return to that! At age 70 I just want to be retired and enjoy a quiet life.

I'll admit conditions have been better than they are now, but they've also been far worse! Life is never perfect for anyone, not even that wonder woman mentioned above. I'm sure she has problems too; hers are just different from mine.

It's a mistake to compare yourself to other people. Especially when too many others are eager to do that for you!  I consider them noise. Life is made up of many different paths.

I recall a favorite Emily Dickinson poem titled: Not in Vain. (Google it!) The gist of it being that if you perform even one small selfless act of generosity or kindness, your life was worthwhile and had meaning. These are words I live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment