-->

Saturday, August 1, 2020

POLITICS AS USUAL


Campaign signs are cluttering up the landscape as glad-handing and phony smiles are filling public spaces. Yup, another election year has arrived and our local so-called public servants are at it again.

But the big one is in November and it's long past time to remove the white trash from the White House! Once removed, Trump will be fighting to stay out of prison where he belongs. So naturally he's going to be resorting to every dirty, underhanded measure available and this comes naturally to him! Lying and cheating are the only areas in life he excels so we may be stuck with this turd for another four years!

This desperate despot is now trying delay the election due to the virus that he previously labeled a hoax! And worse, during this dangerous and highly contagious pandemic he's trying to abolish absentee ballots! The reason should be obvious and it has nothing to do with voter fraud which the Republicans are counting on to win.

I've been voting absentee ballot for many years now, but I'll crawl over hot lava rocks to vote out this orange ball of slime and against every Republican on the ballot if that's what it takes!

On the local level it's much the same.

I recall a friend telling me about the woman holding a high office who joined her church over by the beach during an election year. After this woman lost she never showed up there again.

Last decade at a business networking luncheon I met an attractive young woman running against her former boss bringing the boss's greed into the spotlight. Disgusted, I supported this young lady. I phoned her and she brought a campaign sign to my house which I displayed on my front lawn. I also gave her a free autographed copy of a book I'd recently published. Anyway she lost the election.

Fast forward two years, I was dating a local V.I.P. and pillar of the community. We were attending a taxpayer luncheon and who should come waltzing up wagging her hips and flashing her smile but that same young woman. She fawned all over the guy but never acknowledged me in any way as I sat beside him, not one word!

I told a friend that if this person ever ran for office again she would never get my support! In fact I'd be tempted to vote against her depending upon who was running.

Also that same election year my neighbors directly across the street, to protect their privacy I'll call them John & Mary Greenlawn held a fundraiser in their home at their expense in support of a man running for high office here in Vero Beach.
I was invited to attend and meet him, but declined because I'd already decided to vote for his opponent. The neighbor's candidate won!

Fast forward two years again, my then boyfriend the local V.I.P. introduced me to the guy. The first thing I said to him was "I live across the street from John & Mary Greenlawn," except I gave their real names! He looked blankly at me as if to say, WHO the hell are they? -- My jaw dropped. He replied only, "Nice meeting you and walked away. -- If someone threw a party for me in their home I know for sure I'd remember them!

UGH!!! I am filled with loathing.



No comments:

Post a Comment