-->

Saturday, November 8, 2014

BEAUTY OF PLASTIC: FANTASTIC OR DRASTIC


Every time I hear someone say, “I’m proud of my wrinkles, I earned them!” I’m tempted to reply, “Egads, you must have done horrible, wicked things!”  

I see no virtue in aging gracefully. People should be ashamed for allowing themselves to fall apart!

An acquaintance, a delightful lady my age, recently had work done. It was quite obvious. But I didn’t know whether or not to say anything. Honestly, the before wasn’t bad. I didn’t see as she had reached the point yet where work was needed. However she looks great and you can’t argue with results!

Back when I turned 60, people didn’t hesitate to ask, “What have you had done?”

Hey, I’m poor; I can’t afford any of that stuff! Fortunately, clean living is still mostly working for me. People who smoke, drink, or do drugs age in dog years, just look around!

However, Old Man Time like The Grim Reaper can only be fended off for so long.

The only thing I have against plastic surgery is that it’s too darn expensive! If I had the money, you’d better believe I’d be hauling it over and getting cut, hoisted, sucked, & tucked as needed.

As for Botox, I’m leery of that. Any time you paralyze a muscle it’s going to atrophy. Just look at the legs of people who’ve spent years in a wheelchair. And Botox is injected into the face! We don’t know the long term effects, yet. However, when I turn 70 I’m not going to be worried about long term effects!

Back in the early 1990’s, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT featured the PETTICOAT JUNCTION actresses. They were attired in the exact clothing from the show and still sported the same hairstyles. However, their faces were that of old hags, it almost made my flesh crawl and my hair stand on end. It was downright creepy-surreal! These were actually attractive women, once! You know darn well they were probably getting whopping residuals from that show. You’d think they could spend a little on some cosmetic surgery, now and then. Usually, women who eschew this never had any looks worth hanging onto in the first place.

After seeing the photos, I’m really disappointed in you, Renee Zellweger! I’m sure you have been welcomed with open arms into the frump-a-dump brigade. Online, some are saying this is the result of plastic surgery gone wrong. Hot cat pee! Why didn’t she sue that doctor into the dirt! If that’s the result of a healthy lifestyle (as she claims) I’m helping myself to a chocolate éclair and cola right now!

True, undergoing cosmetic surgery involves risk, its SURGERY after all! The results are only as good as the doctor performing the procedure.

Back in 1996 a family friend spent $15,000 on surgery to her face and body right after she turned 75. Shortly after, the new and improved “Cora” came for a visit. Well, she looked scarcely different from the year before.

Cora admitted to being disappointed. Plus $15,000 was a lot more money back then! Among other things, she had her ample breasts hoisted, since they had fallen nearly down to her navel. After the procedure they were uneven and misshapen. – We took her word for it, she didn’t show us!

Cora returned to the surgeon and complained. “So you’re telling me I don’t know how to do my job!” was his reaction.

I asked if she made inquires with the BBB about the doctor. She shook her head. He was just someone she had selected from the yellow pages. I urged her to file a complaint against him.

Everything in life has risks; you just have to do whatever’s available to protect yourself.

Of course when it comes to personal enhancement, you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t! Back during the BAYWATCH years a guest on a local TV talk show made derogatory remarks about Pamela Anderson, saying her tan and other parts of her were phony! I’ve heard many other actresses referred to as plastic looking as well. These critics are overlooking something here. They fail to realize that in Hollywood looks are your livelihood! – Personally, I don’t go to movies to see ordinary, I want glamour!

Also your appearance is part of your identity!!!  

Many claim that plastic surgery won’t change your life. I disagree! If you feel happier looking into the mirror, that’s changing your life right there! My expensive dental work changed mine tremendously! I smile and wink at my reflection all the time. There was time I would NEVER smile, period! I have way more confidence now, too.

My friend Margaret once told me that other women don’t care about their looks as much as the two of us. “We should be glad,” she said. “It means less competition.”

I’m asexual and I don’t consider myself in competition with other women. I derive pleasure from anything that is appealing to the eye. I want to see MORE beautiful women around!!! It astounds me that most people maintain their homes better than their appearance. I say, keep America beautiful in every possible way!

No comments:

Post a Comment