-->

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

BEASTLY WOMAN VS BEASTS OF BURDEN


Back in the 1970's Women's Lib was vocal about how women could have it all; marriage, career, and family.

Well I never wanted ANY of that! I wasn’t buying what they were selling. It sounded like a combination of propaganda, brain-washing, and acid eye wash to me. And it still does!

I’ve never held a job that didn’t feel like slavery. And I’ve always felt that a husband and family were life’s booby prize. Just one of those alone was bad enough, but combined, it seemed an unfathomable life of misery. SURELY THERE HAD TO BE ANOTHER CHOICE!

Back when I worked full time, I was constantly exhausted. I woke up tired and went to bed tired. I was tired of being tired. The work didn’t enrich my life, it emptied it. And I didn't have a family and house to maintain on top of that. To my mind, that’s a donkey's life! Sorry, no thanks! It boggles my mind that women buy into this without resistance.

Employed or not, women usually get stuck doing the bulk of household chores. I’ve found that maintaining a house in itself is almost a full time job even without a family.

1970’s glamour gal Farrah Fawcett had it written into her CHARLIE’S ANGEL contract that she had to be home in time to cook dinner for her (then) husband Lee Majors. -- With all the money this woman was raking in, I don’t understand why she even had to see her kitchen! I think maybe Lee should have prepared his own meals or at least ordered take-out! I’m not surprised this marriage ended in divorce.

I’m a lifelong single woman. But if I had a husband tell me to go out and get a job, I’d tell him OK, but first I want a live-in maid and cook, otherwise no deal. I’m already employed cleaning the house, ironing your shirts, washing your stinky underwear, running errands and cooking your damn meals. And I want a raise; you go find a better job! – We’d probably end up divorced.

I knew of husbands back in the 50’s and 60’s that turned their entire paychecks over to their wives. Admittedly not so in our family, but my mother was a stay-at-home wife who frequently hired maids. Had you told her she was unfulfilled because she didn’t have an outside career, she probably would have laughed in your face!

Of course if a woman wants a career and a man would prefer to be a full-time housekeeper that arrangement can work, provided the guy has the stamina and could do a good job.

However, if I had a family, plus a job, you would be hearing about me in the news. I’d be like that Andrea Yates who snapped and murdered her 5 children because she just couldn’t take it anymore. The only difference between her and me is that I’d have snuffed out that husband as well. Remember Andrea was a stay-at-home mom, too! How can anyone believe that being a housewife is a free ride!!!

I’ll admit that Women’s Lib has done a lot of good for women. A man and woman working the same job should receive equal pay, UNLESS one is a better worker. Also a woman (or man) should never be forced into tolerating any form of abuse, whether it be mental or physical.

But Women’s Lib has done equally as much damage. Personally, I don’t want to be reduced to being a beast of burden, nor a lumpy man. It was Women’s Lib that knocked women off their pedestal. Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard the argument that it’s as limiting as any small place. -- Bullcrap! I notice that women who talk like that don’t deserve to be up there in the first place! Way too many people confuse liberty with license; as a result society continues to unravel.

I recall back when women entered the workforce in droves. Inflation skyrocketed! It was at this time it became nearly impossible to get by on just one income. Women were forced out of the home whether they wanted to be or not. Friends confessed they preferred to be stay-at-home moms, but were unable for financial reasons.

However, others could not wait to get out! Many complained they got bored waiting for the dryer to go off. -- Good grief, I can find 20 things to occupy my time! However I was bored out of my skull typing up bills, answering phones and filling out paperwork. Even the thought of going to the office depressed me. Ugh, don’t get me started on all that co-worker drama! I’ve always found others draining.

It’s not a one size fits all world! I’m sick of Women’s Libbers and others dictating to me what I should want and how I should think. I don’t have a head for business or figures. I admire women who do, but I don’t, so naturally it’s not the way I care to spend my short span of time on this planet.

I believe in reincarnation, but what if I’m wrong, what if this is all there is?

I love the solitary life. Writing is the only type of work I actually enjoy. It gives me a sense of fulfillment and is the kind of job I can live with; unfortunately the fruits of my labors are peanuts. So it’s more of a passion than career. I would like to get into something else at least on a part-time basis for income. I’m exploring other avenues.

Of course many women will tell you they MUST have both a career and family. If that works for them, wonderful!!! It’s just not MY cup of cappuccino. I would be unable to breathe. Call me lazy, selfish, or call me a horse's ass, or anything you will. But to me, that kind of life is the modern equivalent of a corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment