-->

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

BLOGGING ALONG WITH A SONG

My blog is equal parts therapy and memoir. I have no offspring to keep my memory around and they say the Internet is forever. Well, this is my little mark on the wall of time to let future generations know I was here. This is my life story! First and foremost, I write it for myself.

My winter has arrived, but I see myself as an eternal spring. That child in me is thriving and out for revenge. So if you knew me back when, look out! I will be as kind to you as you were to me.

In the near future, I intend to blog more about my books as well. I've got a new one co-authored with April Sampson that I hope will be out soon. It's a budget beauty, healthy lifestyle, self-improvement book for women who do not have a lot of disposable income. -- A subject I know well! And April is the most versatile person I know. Besides being a talented illustrator and savvy business woman, she's also highly skilled in the kitchen. Plus she taught a course in nutrition to economically disadvantaged women. She was the perfect person to partner with me on this book.

My end will focus on fashion and beauty by using creativity rather than money. I don't just wear clothes and accessories, I have fun with them! I enjoy experimenting with many different styles. I encourage women to be vain and take pride in their appearance. More on this later!

Also I will continue to blog on a variety of subjects as well. Many times I enjoy just being silly!

As you've probably noticed, I now have a theme song, MY THING IS MY OWN. The first time I heard it, my jaw dropped! I emailed all my friends to tell them, "This is MY song!"

The typical reaction was, "Yeah sure, Dianne." Then I made them listen to it. Afterward, it was, "Wow, that really is YOUR song!"

Surely MY THING IS MY OWN was written centuries ago just for me! In an earlier blog, I stated that my life didn't need a sound track. But I never heard this song until after I entered into my 60's.

My life-long favorite is GREENSLEEVES. According to legend, it was composed by Henry VIII for Anne Boleyn. It has, in my opinion, the most beautiful melody ever written. Whenever I hear it, it's as if my spirit is lilting with the music straight into Heaven. But it's Anne Boleyn's song, not mine.

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A THEME SONG!!!

George Armstrong Custer of 7th Cavalry fame took the rousing Irish tune GARRY OWEN as his. I love it as well! I used to get up and perform an uncoordinated jig every time I heard it. -- Do you know the highlight of fashion at Custer's Last Stand? Answer: Arrow shirts! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

MY THING IS MY OWN is a feisty tune, not some sappy love song! Just listen to the words! Some readers complain they can't get the tune out of their heads. And they want to, BADLY!

Be warned, I won't censor my opinions because they are unpopular! (Does everyone you know agree with you one hundred percent!!!) Also I'm trying to be honest about my own short-comings and failings. There's a lot of warts on my psyche among the scars. I refuse to hide them.

Still I am proud of who I am! I'm not just an old maid. I am THE old maid!!! -- AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT! It's my identity I love and embrace it.

THANK YOU to all my LinkedIn connections who have endorsed me!!! To everyone out there: if you enjoy my blog, or if you read it just to ridicule me, please become a follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment