-->

Saturday, July 6, 2013

ZOMBIE FEVER

While cleaning out a drawer, I found a copy of a letter I typed to a TV station when I was 15. I requested they show BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW for the Saturday afternoon movie. After all these decades, I still love my horror flicks! Only these days my heart has been mostly consumed by zombies. Those walking, flesh-eating abominations excite me as nothing else!

Upon the Vero Beach premiere, I went to see WORLD WAR Z in 3-D. WOW!!! I didn't want it to end. I could have sat thru that film for 3 days straight! -- I don't care spit for Brad Pitt, but zombies get my heart pumping!

The dead ones certainly have gotten physically stronger and more spry since George Romero's NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. -- I still don't understand why no one can smell them coming. They look like they stink to high heaven!

I learned recently that WORLD WAR Z will be a trilogy. I just hope they don't keep us waiting too long!

ALSO I discovered that what we saw was not the original ending. The initial one was far darker and changed at the last minute. In that version, the plane lands safely in Russia, voracious zombies and chaos breaks loose all over again. Weak and sickly people are quickly executed. The Brad Pitt character is held against his will and coerced into becoming a zombie wilderness fighter. Meanwhile his wife has been forced to prostitute herself for food. Eventually, she becomes the sex toy of the helicopter pilot in an earlier scene. As the Russian winter sets in, the Pitt character discovers that COLD kills zombies! -- I would have enjoyed that version equally as much, if not more! So it's a bit darker, for crying out loud! This is a zombie flick! It comes with the territory.

A zombie apocalypse is indeed a possibility, according to an article I read. NO, the dead will NOT rise! A virus in the frontal lobe of the brain could transform live humans into murderous, crazed cannibals. -- I recall seeing a movie based on this premise. I believe it was titled, 28 DAYS LATER and the sequel, 28 WEEKS LATER. Perhaps there's another sequel in the works titled, 28 MONTHS LATER! Will anyone be left alive after 28 years???

Should this occur, to keep starvation at bay, we are encouraged to head for the Cat Food aisle of the supermarket. Because all others will be jammed with desperate people quickly depleting the shelves.

Personally, I've always thought those little cans of Fancy Feast sounded tasty. -- Have you seen the commercials? Sea Bass & Shrimp in a delicate broth, Cheddar Grilled Chicken & Cheese Feast in gravy; yummy, yummy, yum, yum! In my next life, I hope I return as a cat!

When I was 58, I dated a man who looked like a zombie. (He could have passed as the Crypt Keeper, too.) The guy was almost 20 years older. When a friend and I attended the Halloween Zombie Formal, I commented that if my ex-boyfriend was there, he wouldn't need a costume.

"But you love zombies!" she exclaimed.

"Only on film," I replied, "not pawing my body!"

I love movies where exciting things happen, with, or without zombies.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, & Jean Claude Van Damme are NOT my favorite action stars, neither is Jonathan Statham, nor the Pitt. No one can kick butt, zombie, or other, like Milla Jovovich! She looks spectacular doing it, too! The indestructible Alice from RESIDENT EVIL rules!

Zombies are hot now. And I've got the fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment