-->

Sunday, December 16, 2012

SAVORING THE LAST DAY ON EARTH

The dreaded date of Dec. 21, 2012 long prophesied as the end of the world as we know it, is rapidly approaching.

A lady I know has a birthday on that date. -- At least she won't have to worry about getting any older! (hee hee) She complained that no one could come to her birthday celebration because they're all attending End-of-the-World parties.

Well, I'm going to have my own private celebration here. Except mine will be the day before! I'm really nervous about the Dec. 21 date. Watching all those Apocalyptic specials on the History & National Geographic Channel is enough to give you sheet-chewing night terrors!!!

On a bright summer afternoon when I was 6 yrs. old, a family friend from out of state came for a visit. (Someone my father called a nut.) As we sipped our tea, he casually informed us that the world was coming to a fiery end in my lifetime. Humankind would be forced to start all over again.

I was terrified! I became obsessed with this... Then I started to wonder if it had all happened before. Perhaps there had been other advanced civilizations before us! In my teens I heard of the legendary continents of Atlantis and Lemuria. I was intrigued by them and learned everything I could.

During my mid-30's, I became friends with an elderly psychic couple. They claimed that most of us had existed in both places at least once in previous lives. These continents actually had more advanced technology than we do today. But their devices turned against them and everything was destroyed. All because they became corrupt and their technology exceeded their spiritual development. -- It sounds a bit too familiar for comfort when I look at our world today.

Back in 1987, this couple accurately predicted events in my life. Events that are happening right now! But most disturbing, they claimed there would be a polar shift early in the next century. It would change the entire face of the map. One of the signs would be frequent extremes in the weather. -- This is why I am more than a bit concerned! However, they did say it would be an INEXACT date. I find that only of mild comfort.

I can't help but snort with laughter at the doomsday prep crowd. If there is a polar shift, they are going to die just like the rest of us. No place on earth will be safe! Even if there are survivors, I wouldn't want to be in the world remaining, certainly not at my age!

Just in case, I'm planning to enjoy my Christmas early on Dec. 20. (Bet'cha I'm not the only one!) I'm going to eat everything I love and watch as many of the 80 movies on my DVR as I possibly can! My only regret is that I didn't buy a TV with an 80 inch screen. I can't really afford it, but hey, it's not like I'll be outliving my money. -- I want to die as I lived, alone and happy!

Of course I'm hoping it's all baloney. I'm enjoying my life now more than ever! Plus I have a new book coming out in 2013. I'm already writing promotional speeches for the local business networking events.

To all my friends reading this, if the Mayan calendar proves correct, see you on the other side Dec. 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment