-->

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A NIELSEN FAMILY OF ONE

 
May Sweeps is finally over. If I have to explain what that is, you are not my kind of person. So don't read my blog. Watching TV has always been my favorite way to spend an evening.

For the second time, since living in Vero, Nielsen has mailed me booklets to record my TV viewing preferences. The 1st time I became part of the Nielsen Family was back in 1963 when I was 12 yrs old. My mother filled it out.

Enclosed was a dollar, same as back in 63. Geez, with inflation it should be at least $20 by now! Besides, it's a bother. And the print is too small for anyone over 60. Also they never ask if you WANT to do it. They mail you a card informing that you've been selected. I suppose I could have opted out. But it's like jury duty. Someone has to do it.

I've watched programming change dramatically over the years. Sleaze has certainly gone mainstream!

I wish these TV writers & actors would leave references of their disgusting drug habits in their personal lives and off the screen. Too many simian throwbacks ape the behavior they see on TV.

TWO & A HALF MEN was a good show for about the first 2, maybe 3 yrs. But it has degenerated into mostly poop & pot jokes. It deserved to be cancelled long before Sheen threw his much publicized hissy fit. The X Mr. Demi Moore adds nothing.

TWO BROKE GIRLS should be re-titled as TWO BROKE SLUTS. I wouldn't eat those cupcakes. You never know what nasty stuff might have found its way inside, considering their lifestyle. Believe it or not, it is possible to be poor without becoming white trash.

Sitcoms in general have become way too lewd.

I don't like women being referred to as "Bitches" although I've used that term myself. During my 61 years, I've shared my home with a number of bitches, both 2-legged & 4-legged. And let me tell you, the 4-legged variety were all gentle and loving. To lump them in the same category with these odious women is an insult to the dogs!

Also I don't care much for dramas. I've had too much of that in real life.

The only so-called reality shows I watch are SURVIVOR and HELL'S KITCHEN. Although I often wish someone would shove a steaming artichoke down Chef Ramsay's throat! H.K. will be returning in June as a summer replacement series.

Now that mostly reruns are here, I can finally go back to watching all those movies I've recorded. Sometimes if the pacing is too slow, or there's too much profanity, or too many sex scenes, I'll watch the entire movie at warp speed. Usually, If I can't get interested in 15 minutes I erase and move on to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment