-->

Friday, April 20, 2012

THE SERIAL KILLER DOWN THE STREET

 
Not long ago, David Alan Gore was finally executed! He and his kin, Fred Waterfield were dubbed "The Killing Cousins." Both confessed to raping, torturing, and murdering 6 women. But I've always suspected it was even more.

July of 1983 Gore chased naked and bound teenager Lynn Elliot down his parent's driveway. He murdered her with 2 shots to the head in front of a passerby. Police arrived shortly after.

Recently, I was startled to discover this house had been only 2 blocks from mine! And the garage he owned and operated was only 1 block away! Often, I saw its remnants behind the shrubbery. I thought it just an eyesore.

How many times have I driven past the spot where that house used to be, probably hundreds! My close friend Irene lives in a subdivision mid-way down that road. The thought now chills me.

1983 I was living in Stuart. I had no idea I would ever come to reside in Vero Beach. I didn't move until 1999.

How well I remember our other infamous serial killer Gerard Schaefer! Like Gore he once worked in law enforcement. His murders were closer to my Stuart home. They occurred in the early 1970's. I was 20 in 1971 and attending what used to be Indian River Junior College in Ft. Pierce. This area is where Schaefer was searching for victims, targeting women around my age.

While in jail, Schaefer's wife divorced him and married his attorney. -- The man was an old friend of my father.

Schaefer was murdered in prison. I hope he suffered! A fate I hope befalls Gore's cousin, Fred Waterfield. Since he managed to escape the death penalty! To my mind, he is equally guilty!

I read in the news that Gore became a born-again Christian before his death. According to my Pentecostal cousin, the serial murderer is now in Heaven! This is only "1" reason religion leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There are plenty of kind-hearted heathens doomed to eternal hellfire while Gore gets to enjoy Heaven! What's wrong with this picture!!!

David Alan Gore got off easy. He enjoyed inflicting pain. He deserved an excruciating and prolonged dose of it before he died.

Gore's attorneys spent 28 years fighting his death sentence. That just seems incredulous! Especially since there is no doubt as to his guilt and the magnitude of his crimes. Twenty years ago, I went through my own harrowing ordeal in court. I wish my attorneys had fought that passionately for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment