-->

Thursday, April 20, 2023

THIS ISLAND, MY HOME

 

I've reached THAT point! Friendships are dwindling. Either they're dying off, moving away, or distancing themselves due to political differences. Plus the pandemic along with runaway inflation have all accelerated my isolation.

Although I must confess I am not unhappy. Life has been better, but it's also been much worse.

The days of the week just as the seasons here in Florida are blurring together. When I awaken in the morning I have to ask myself: Is today Tuesday or is it Thursday, or maybe it's Wednesday?"

Just as my parents before me, I suffer from fractured sleep. Around 2:00 PM after programming my DVR I toss my head back on the recliner and close my eyes, within seconds I'm unconscious! When I awaken sometimes I think it's the following morning and I've spent the night there; when in fact only a half an hour has passed.

When did I become this old? Age only bothers me due to all the miserable side effects.

On the plus side, I do enjoy the quiet and solitude. It's beautiful! Not to mention having a schedule that belongs entirely to me. That is truly wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment