-->

Thursday, January 19, 2023

OH MADONNA & OTHERS, TOO

 

First and foremost, I've never been a fan of this singer and so-called actress. It feels strange that I find myself defending her now. But someone needs to!

Not long ago I saw recent photos of her online. She was attired in a tight black corset and appeared to have undergone more than a tad of plastic surgery. Beneath these photos were a slew of highly negative and ugly comments.

Mostly stating how unnatural appearing and unattractive she had become. I wondered if these people were viewing the same pictures I was seeing! I thought she looked beautiful! Of course there were changes from her younger days but far from unattractively so.

She did that tight black corset proud! How she keeps, or got her body that way is no one else's business!

Most criticized her for not accepting her age and embracing it. -- Why should she? Why should any woman?

And no, I have NOT undergone plastic surgery, Botox or any of that myself, the only reason being that I am too poor to afford it.

But often I've been accused of having had stuff done and I have to laugh. My firm skin is the result clean living and common sense. -- However there's always room for improvement! If I had the money I'd have everything lifted, sucked, or tucked! There is no shame in taking pride in one's appearance!

Remember that shaving your legs, armpits, and plucking your eyebrows is altering your natural appearance as well!

I've read that vanity is a weakness, in some cases it is, but it can also be a major strength!

At age 47 I underwent an expensive smile make-over. It gave me confidence and pride in myself I'd never known before. Even now at age 72 when I look in the mirror I'm not ashamed to say that I love the image smiling back at me.

In Madonna's case and that of other celebs what people fail to take into account is they're part of the entertainment industry. They have a brand and image to maintain. Had she allowed herself to age naturally, she would have been denigrated for that reason as well and probably by all those same people.

Life is full of no win situations and our society is not kind to older women. My personal philosophy is to always be good to myself because others are not. Call it my religion, I live by this!


No comments:

Post a Comment