-->

Thursday, November 17, 2022

UNBELIEVABLE

 

A hurricane in November!!! October had been so cool and comfortable I thought we were safe until June. I started filling up my freezer for the holidays. The thought of having to throw all that out made me sick! I couldn't believe a hurricane was on the way and heading straight for us. But that's what you get with global warming, climate change, etc; a stink bug by any other name is still a stink bug.

Yes Nicole was only a Cat 1; but we were hit with one of these my first October in Vero Beach back in 1999. -- Power was out for a week! And this is a bad spot for outages period! Plenty have occurred when the sun was shining and the wind was like a fairy's breath from the south. I was in a constant state of anxiety.

I noticed that no one in the neighborhood was boarding up, but my main worry was a lengthy loss of electricity. The TV news was reporting mass outages up and down the coast and the thing hadn't even hit land yet.

Hurricane Nicole came ashore in Vero Beach around 3:00 AM. I slept thru the landfall. I was in disbelief when I awoke to my fan still running and bedside clock working. It felt like a miracle. Hurricane Ian had left the neighborhood a bigger mess and all we got was the outer feeder bands from that one.

I looked with sadness upon the damage this Cat 1 had wrought upon other parts of Florida and I was filled with disbelief. Hurricane Nicole had come ashore here and yet my neighborhood was barely touched. But despite this you can bet my already high insurance premiums will skyrocket again!

Immediately after I viewed the Midterm Election results which I had been dreading; it was no exaggeration that our democracy was at stake! The network TV stations had been elusively storm coverage. Of course they ran the results on a tiny strip at the bottom of the screen, but I was unable to decipher anything due to my posterior vitreous detachment.

However the AM following the storm I gave out a big sigh of relief! There was no Red Wave except perhaps a ketchup throwing fit at Mar-a -Largo.

But unbelievably we are stuck with zealot Ron DeSantis as our governor again! (EEK and YUK!) My take on this man is that he's a dangerous and delusional creep and a giant Trump turd.

Now even his lord and master the orange blob has turned on him and even gone so far as to threaten him.

This should come as no surprise. When his traitorous followers were ready to lynch his then pet Mike Pence during the insurrection Trump was all for it! The fact that anyone ever supported this vile man in the first place is what's truly unbelievable!



No comments:

Post a Comment