-->

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

SOME LIKE IT COOL

 

Hot, hot, and hotter! That describes Florida most of the year.

A repairman told me my air conditioning unit was on its last legs and he doubted it would last throughout the summer. Well my A.C. lived on borrowed time for 4 years after that. I held my breath every time I turned it on and kept the temp at 80 until last summer when I raised it to a miserable 82 to keep my rising FPL bill down.

Early in October it finally gave out. Thankfully it had gotten me thru one more summer. And in October the temperatures had dipped just enough that I was comfortable without it. Plus we even had one cool spell where I needed a blanket on my bed. This felt welcome and wonderful!

Due to expensive doctor bills: I'm awaiting the results of another biopsy for skin cancer plus I've got a root canal scheduled for later this month. One of my 3 cracked teeth crowned during the pandemic has gone bad. And now my property taxes are due! So it will be spring (knock-on-wood) before I can afford to have the unit replaced.

However we're into the cooler months, right? -- Wrong! Summer returned yesterday Nov. 1. It was 86 degrees in my house. My tolerance for heat ends at 84! -- I hope it's not going to be one of those kinds of winters!

Every fan in my house is on as I walk around in my birthday suit keeping a tall glass of ice water nearby at all times. 

Trying to sleep in this heat is even worse, although I slept with 2 fans running; one on the ceiling the other beside my bed. I have a satin top pillow for my hair but last night my face stuck to it from sweat.

After midnight I grabbed my pillows and moved to the foot of the bed to get the effect of the fans more directly. But they were just blowing hot air around.

What is really depressing is waking up to a hot morning knowing it's only going to get worse as the day rolls on.

The temps are supposed to drop a bit later in the week. It can't happen fast enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment