-->

Friday, June 18, 2021

THE HOUSE OF SIN AND SPLENDOR

 

My new novel, a supernatural thriller and mystery has been born and is out there! Every book I write I try to make as different from the previous one as possible. I push myself beyond my comfort zone to stretch and grow as a writer. This one has a strong R-rating. I want something for everyone among my books rather than limit myself to one genre.

I would describe this story as a cross between a Lifetime movie and a Blumhouse film. I am a huge fan of both!

As an introvert with a misanthropic streak writing comes natural to me. My books are my offspring. I prefer to stay off stage letting them shine under the lights and hope the audience doesn't throw rotten tomatoes at my babies.

Due to publishing costs I decided to edit my own book to save money. I'm not a perfect writer anymore than I'm a perfect person so I'm just going to have to live with any mistakes. Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed!

I keep reminding myself that all the books I loved and enjoyed the most were written by authors I'd never heard of before, or since. Two examples: one is Eden, (several novels have this title) the one I'm referring to is a pre-civil war story set in New Orleans by Julie Ellis and The Queen of the Night set in Nazi Germany by Mark Behm. And no, I don't know these authors personally.

The latter one was panned on Goodreads; however I found every page riveting! Remember what Earnest Hemmingway said about critics: "The only good critic is a dead critic." And I wholeheartedly agree!

I love to write! To let an imagination like mine go to waste would be a sin!

In my new novel I've included private jokes that only my closest friends will get, to everyone else they'll just be part of the story.

Writing this novel and publishing it was a lot of work, fun, joy and frustration, even therapy! Often times when I sat down to enjoy a quiet meal the characters would pull up chairs around me and began talking, even screaming at me. It certainly made the pandemic more interesting!

Go to  https://booklocker.com/11774  to purchase a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment