-->

Saturday, January 9, 2021

THE GIGANTIC SEVEN OMG

 

Yesterday it happened! I share the same birthday as Elvis Presley and Kim Jong-Un. One's dead, one's alive, and I'm somewhere in between.

My 70th has arrived. I still look good despite the fact that I'm coming apart from the inside.

Our society, like soon to be ex-President Pussy Grabber believes women have expiration dates. It's not kind to older women. However I am always good to myself because others are not.

"Once you hit your 70's," a friend told me, "be prepared to be for all kinds of ailments you never knew existed before."

Geez, I thought that already happened in my 60's! Before then, I'd never heard of neuropathy, trichodynia, peripheral edema, or posterior vitreous detachment.

"Hang on," she said. "It's just the beginning."

Oh joy, I can hardly wait!

At Walmart I saw a package of light bulbs claiming to last 18 years. I wondered if I would still be alive by then. -- My mother died at age 72. Before cancer took her down she was the healthiest of all her contemporaries. She didn't drive, walked every place and rarely went to the doctor. Before her cancer, she'd only been hospitalized to give birth.

Life moves at warp speed now and it's scary! Also at this age I know more people who are dead than alive, most of whom I don't want to be reunited with in the afterlife.

A psychic once told me that spirits of those close to me in previous lives were always around. Perhaps that explains my feeling of disconnect with the flesh and blood people in my life. They were never my crowd.

I've read that our world shrinks as we age. Seniors become isolated and shut-ins. However if other seniors are like me, this isn't by choice or lack of interest! Being on a fixed income combined with inflation and exorbitant medical expenses makes it too damn expensive to go out and do anything now.

If money was no object, I'd be traveling the world constantly and treating myself to all kinds of things both there and here. But that's not my reality; I'm forced to live within my budget.

However I'm not unhappy; I enjoy life in spite of this. The Christmases I've spent alone have been the most wonderful of all, -- just not the last one! 2020 was an anomaly, period!

Despite everything, I wouldn't want to be anyone else but me. Yes, I do envy people who have more disposable income, but if I could switch places with them, I wouldn't! I'd be miserable living their lives.

Never do I put my happiness in the hands of others. The best part of life now is that I no longer have to live up or down to anyone else's expectations. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. At long last, I've been set free!

No comments:

Post a Comment