-->

Saturday, January 16, 2021

NEW YEAR, BIG MINOR CHANGES

 

Since I don't own a cellphone to take selfies for social media, every birthday that ends in a 5 or a 0 I have a professional portrait taken. And one with a tremendous zero was fast approaching!

I hired Photos by Martina. She is a beautiful woman who looks more like someone who should be walking a runway in Paris or Milan rather than behind a camera. I first met her 10 years ago at a Business Networking Luncheon.

I was delighted to learn that her home studio is only minutes up the road from me. Martina told me that her sister lives in my neighborhood. Well this gave me pause!!! -- I sure hope she wasn't that woman with Trump's name plastered all over her body who knocked on my door. The one I swore at and told to get off my property!

Moving right along, before my photo session another tooth cracked and broke off. I couldn't get a dentist appointment until 2 days after the shoot. Fortunately it was a back tooth but still visible when I smiled wide. I had to constantly remember to angle my head so it wouldn't show.

After the updated photo was posted on Facebook I deleted the majority of my photo albums there. I left ones from business networking luncheons, plus a few from the 80's and my childhood. I want to put an end or at least reduce strangers snooping! Other than what's posted on my Timeline no one has any business going there. Yet plenty do and it always creeps me out!

I can't fathom a person whose life is so dull and empty they would need to ferret thru a total stranger's photographs. Plus I don't like pushy or nosey people!!! The excuse always given is, "I wanted to see what you are all about." That's B.S.!  If they were honestly interested they would be reading my blog, not going thru my photos!

Well this is a brand new year, new decade, thankfully we have a new and improved President, and I just hit age 70 last week so I'm starting fresh from here! In my life at least the past is over and gone!

I'm working on a new novel (a supernatural thriller & mystery) I hope to publish in 2021.The plot consists of several stories within a story, but it all ties together at the end.

I'm keeping the previous photo on my business page because it looks more authorish.  -- That's not a word, but it should be. This is the photo I will use on the book cover.

Finally I made a sacrifice I was avoiding! I cut my newspaper delivery to Wednesday & Sundays only to save money. I read it online the rest of the week now and this is an adjustment. I miss my pre-dawn stroll out to the end of my driveway in the fresh morning air along with spreading the pages out on the floor and reading them under my bedroom window. But at least I'm left with 2 days for that.

Thankfully the online version has larger print and is easier on my now impaired vision. That's one good thing! Besides all the flashes, floaters, and the big shadow in my left eye; I now have 2 more floaters to drive me straight up the walls! One is high up on my left eye & is always flying around like an annoying gnat. The other flashes across my right eye like a comet.

Seems I'm spending most of my time (too much) online now.

I'm just hoping there won't be numerous power outages in the coming year and beyond. But then, this is Vero Beach where they refuse to bury the lines, so I'm not optimistic. That's one thing that will probably never change!

And the mystery of the Egyptian Mau has been solved! The kitty belongs to a new neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment