-->

Monday, June 1, 2020

FINALLY!!!


At long last the Covid-19 face masks I ordered from Amazon (April 2) have arrived! That slow boat (or plane) from Zhejiang, China has finally reached our shores. Now I can roll up my do-rag and put it back in the drawer.

I'd joked that a cure would probably be discovered first. Sadly, this is not the case. However I'm all set for the second wave. And too many fools seem determined to make that happen!

Also I ordered a big broad-brimmed hat with a huge shield attached that comes down to the chest. (I'm still waiting for that.)You can be sure it will be a regular part of my summer wardrobe every time I set foot in public.

Mostly, I plan on staying home until the virus is under control. Yes, I miss dinning out and going to movies. The theatres here remain closed.

However I'm enjoying a wide variety of films on my DVR in what I call my living room theatre. I enjoy double features on Friday night and all afternoon matinees on Saturdays.

And I do what I refer to as eating-out-at-home. Always I set a pretty table for myself with different color schemes and decorations, but now when seated I make up different names of restaurants such as: Cafe Fandango, The Hidden Garden Bistro, or The Serendipity Diner and pretend I'm eating there.

Should we be slammed by a second wave of the virus in autumn, (I hope NOT!) it will coincide with peak hurricane season. Shudder and horrors, it's forecast to be an unusually active one! A strike would be a worst case scenario!

Several years in a row we've experienced close calls with deadly Cat 4's here on the Treasure Coast. If hit, I hope my house is still standing by Thanksgiving. But even if struck by a Cat 1 my home theatre along with all my imaginary restaurants will be closed for repairs.

However when you're inside a sweltering, boarded-up house with no air-conditioning or electricity of any kind, a can of soup served at room temperature is mighty tasty.

But please, no virus!


No comments:

Post a Comment