-->

Sunday, January 12, 2020

THIS WEEK LAST YEAR


That week was a special one, but memorable for all the wrong reasons. I should be titling this post: The Brazilian Blow-Out Blows!

My birthday was the week before, but unfortunately I'd been suffering a miserable cold and all my celebrating had to be postponed. Now I had 2 lunches with 2 different friends back-to-back, one on Tuesday the other Wednesday. I wanted my hair to look especially nice! So on Monday I decided to splurge at a Beauty Salon. -- Big mistake!

First, I went to Super Cuts. I was turned away along with another customer because they were holding a staff meeting in the back. -- Staff meetings are supposed to be held AFTER business hours and you NEVER turn away paying customers!

I drove to another plaza where a new place, Classy Cuts had recently opened, only to find them closed. At the far end of the plaza was another salon I call "Hair Iffy". I'd been there before and really didn't want to return. They were expensive and I left with a style that made me look like a MAGA member of the PTA. But at least I was able to restyle it to something I could live with, so I decided to walk over.

The salon was deserted except for 2 stylists. I guess Mondays were slow and that's why the other place was closed.

My hair was long again, but after I ceased coloring it refused to hold a curl. Also that wondrous natural wave when short had now turned to frizz. It wasn't growing out pretty so I was forced to wear my hair up most of the time.

"Oh the Brazilian Blow-Out will fix that!" the stylist in charge assured me.

The procedure was obscenely expensive taking long, tedious hours, plus it required a special shampoo. But I was promised the result would be worth it. Never was it mentioned that every hair shaft would be flat against the bone with a glued down appearance. I ended up looking like a chemotherapy patient who had lost half her locks! I didn't want to go out in public like that and complained!

"It will look fuller after you curl it," I was told. "And the frizz will have disappeared."

At home, I dampened my hair and rolled it into 4 gigantic pin curls and put a wig over it. Now I could go out with confidence. Returning home later, my hair was dry and I combed it out. -- It was nothing but FRIZZES! 

Furious, the following day I returned to the salon and demanded my money back for everything including the tip! The woman in charge told me to quiet down; I was upsetting her customers and staff. One customer told me I looked fine and that I was a beautiful woman. I replied that if she thought that, she needed cataract surgery worse than I did the year before!

Plus I had been lied to! This was not the promised result!
The stylist who did my hair ran crying into a back room. Everyone thought I was a terrible and just plain mean person. -- However I'd paid all that money and was ripped-off!

The woman in charge complained that 3 hours had been spent on me when the stylist could have been working on other customers. -- What others? I was the only one there the entire morning! That's probably the reason they suckered me into an expensive procedure totally unsuited for me.

Anyway, I got half my money back which was better than nothing. Later, I had my hair slashed short to an extreme at another salon.

This was the kick-off to another really bad year.


No comments:

Post a Comment