-->

Saturday, May 4, 2019

TRASH TALK


Now let's turn that into trash action!!! The problem is plastic; it's popular because it's durable. Everyone alive today will be bones picked clean by bugs in their rotting wood caskets long before our plastics decompose. Plastic is taking over the planet and harming our environment. It's killing our sea and forest life slowly in ways that cause their suffering to linger. And burning the stuff creates toxic fumes! Worse, more of it is being produced all the time.

All forms of plastic need sunlight to degrade and the plastic in landfills does not receive the required amount, if any. Yes, plastic can be recycled. However each time this is done the purity is compromised. And so many different types of plastic make recycling difficult. People are not going to cease using it.

I'll admit that I'm as guilty as anyone! I bring home plastic containers from the supermarket all the time because I like the food inside. But I try to recycle and repurpose as much as possible. I reuse these plastic containers for storage. They are perfect for my costume jewelry and other miscellaneous items because they're clear and I can immediately see what's inside. I also use them for storing leftovers in my fridge or pantry.

The plastic grocery bags I use for my garbage. If not for these, I would need to buy plastic bags for this purpose. Recently I read that even those so-called biodegradable bags degrade slowly.

Last night I had difficulty getting to sleep, so I started thinking about the issue. Well, I solved the problem for us! Send it to the moon!!!

From the photos I've seen it's the perfect spot for this! Of course we could just shoot it out into space, but that's just nasty like throwing garbage out your car window. And we're fortunate enough to have an enormous trash receptacle orbiting us. Picture humungous piles of trash heaps that could only be seen thru telescopes. We're going to be sending more and more robots there all the time, so let them take out the trash in addition to their other jobs.

However this would only be a temporary set-up until we come up with a more economical way of sending missiles to Venus. The planet is even better for this purpose, unfortunately much father. Caustic clouds of sulfuric acid drift over it and its atmospheric pressures are crushing. Also Venus has hellish and dynamical high-altitude winds plus temperatures that soar above 880 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it the perfect planet for plastic disposal.

By the way, Earth you're welcome.  Next problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment