-->

Saturday, October 20, 2018

A NOD TO ALL HALLOWS EVE


For Halloween this year I'm going to share a poem and a limerick of mine. The poem I composed at age 19, the limerick when I was 30. Back then I was still into iambic pentameter. I'll admit they're corny, but corn is a symbol of Halloween right along with the pumpkin!

 

                    THE OPEN GRAVE

  
Twas a cold, gray depressing season

And I so young with nary a reason

 Walked aimlessly into an old cemetery

Where drab undertakers impassively bury

The remains of those who have recently died

Now and forever in their graves they reside

I wanted to leave but somehow I could not

I walked on examining every single cemetery plot

To the last detail I scrutinized them all

Suddenly I felt a chill so I tightened my shall

Still, I had not a clue

As an open grave came into view

When I tugged on my glove

I felt a shove

Six feet down I fell into the once open grave

I clawed the dirt madly but I was a slave

I scream and cry, but no one can hear me

They laugh and chat but secretly fear me

Till the end of time, I can never tell

What god, what demon cast me into this hell

Remember this, be you cowardly or brave

Beware...beware the open grave

 
 
 

                   THE WILD SEED

  
There once was a girl named Joan

Whose father was unknown

A little bit odd

She grew from a pod

Straight from the Twilight Zone

 

Booooooooooooooooooo     HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment