-->

Saturday, March 22, 2014

PLAYING DEAD VS. STAYING DEAD


RESURRECTION the new ABC TV show is the type of program that gives me nightmares! There are too many deceased people that I NEVER want to see again! Now that I am alone, every day is a celebration. I want to ring bells, shoot off fireworks, and dance with wild abandon! I had forgotten what it felt like to be this happy. At long last I am free to be me!

Back in school, I read a famous short story by Jean-Paul Sartre. (Perhaps you read this one, too!) The tale concerns 3 people trapped together in a room for all eternity. They came to the conclusion that Hell is other people. – Truer words were never written! Life is so much sweeter when some people are just gone.

First and foremost is my mother. Her emotional abuse, theatrical crazy behavior, and physical battering to me as a child; make her my top favorite for staying dead.

Her funeral seemed surreal in a way. The service displayed a closed casket at her request. It made me wonder if she was really inside. I literally had nightmares over this! And worse, shortly after her death, a new movie was released called, HELLO AGAIN starring Shelly Long about a woman who returns to life after being dead and buried for a year. – I really didn’t need that!

My mother could put a damper on ANYTHING! Mom was a masterful joy-sucker. Whenever I left for vacation she would tell me, “Sooner or later you’re going to be killed in a plane crash, so be sure to buy Insurance at the airport. Name your brother as beneficiary, he needs the money.” Those were her exact words!

Oh and I’ll never forget her warnings to me as a grade-schooler, “When your husband beats you, don’t come running home because we don’t want you back.” – I heard this a lot, too! Usually after her fist made contact with my head.

Yeah, people tell me I should forgive her. Why should I, when I enjoy knowing she’s dead. And yeah, yeah, I’ve heard the argument that forgiving is courageous and not doing so is cowardly. -- This type of reasoning is naive and I’m going to tell you why.

If my mother, (God forbid!) was ever resurrected, that selective memory of hers would kick-in and she would deny everything! Then, if I threw smoking gun evidence in her face, she’d come up with all sorts of excuses. Such as, back then it was just discipline. (Punching, kicking, slapping, hair-pulling, pinching) Or that I was spoiled and deserved it! In other words, she would take no responsibility. In her mind, she did nothing wrong! – That was the problem!!! Forgiving someone like this just gives them license. 

Forgiveness must be earned, otherwise it is meaningless!!!

Also I’ve been told to let God or the universe handle people like that. Well aren’t WE the implements of God and the universe??? What do they expect, a lightning bolt to come crashing out of the sky and fry these people!

As to emotional and verbal abuse, Mom got back plenty of her own as I grew older. So don’t waste your time feeling sorry for me!

After my father’s passing, I did more extensive reading and research into the afterlife. I studied people whose spirits had left their bodies. Many had vastly different experiences. From what I gather, the afterlife consists of numerous levels and each one has layers.

I know there is something beyond this life because of firsthand experience with ghosts. In fact, I experienced a few hauntings shortly after my mother passed. These continue on and off today. I will blog about this later. I’ve been told I brought this on myself thru my explorations. Guess it’s similar to that Friedrich Nietzsche’s quote, “If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

A psychic on Facebook claimed the average person has as many as 2000 spirits around them daily. Yikes! My house isn’t that big! Mine must be standing clear out in the street, probably jammed against others. (Imagine all that drama!)And what about when I go out in my car? Gadzooks, who’s in the back seat! And hot cat pee! Who’s sitting beside me! Maybe 6 can fit on the roof, perhaps 10 if standing. Are all the others hanging on and flying behind? Just imagine when I’m driving 60 MPH! – I hate crowds and drama. So forget that!

I may be wrong, but reincarnation makes sense to me. I believe we are all here to learn, lessons so numerous and complicated they can never be achieved in just one lifetime.

But if I had the power to choose, I’d want this life to be the last, or my only one. Just the thought of returning over & over again thru one millennia after another makes me exhausted. If I have to come back, I’d prefer another planet. This one is jerk world, probably the armpit of the universe.

There was a movie several decades back, (I forget the name) the premise concerned outer space aliens operating a mortuary. They would re-animate the dead and ship them off to another galaxy as slave labor. – I suppose that’s possible. It makes about as much sense as most religions.

I’m glad I’m to be cremated! I don’t want a monument to myself in some cemetery. After I’m dead they can throw my body into the swamp for the alligators to feed for all I care. Just make certain I’m 100 per cent dead, first!

I’ll continue to watch the TV show RESURRECTION. But if there’s ever a knock on the door and my mother is standing there in the flesh, I’ve got a wooden stake waiting for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment