-->

Thursday, August 1, 2024

THAT NIGHT IN JULY

 

The time was around 9:30 PM and I was nodding off to sleep. I go to bed early since I get up at 5:30 AM due to fractured sleep. Suddenly I was jarred awake by a cacophony of loud noises outside!

Looking out my kitchen window I could tell it was coming from my air conditioner. I raced outdoors! The outside unit was literally shaking back & forth along with the racket. All of a sudden it stopped.

I walked over and noticed a strange object hanging out. I tried to pick it up, but the thing was gooey & slimy. I went back inside to wash my hand and get a flashlight.

The thing turned out to be a ribboned garter snake. That's when the ick factor kicked in!

But now I was hit with a big worry; did this thing break or damage my air conditioner. It was fairly new and only a year old. The middle of summer in Florida is no time to be without air conditioning. Fortunately it came back on with no issues.

In broad daylight the following morning I scrapped the snake off and out. I noticed its markings; it must have been quite pretty when alive. I felt sad, no creature deserved to die such a death as that one.

However had it damaged my unit and cost me a big repair bill I would have been cursing that thing up and down!


No comments:

Post a Comment