-->

Friday, February 16, 2024

THE TURDUCKEN CAKE

 

For those not in the know a turducken is a chicken served inside a duck within a turkey. This is a popular dinner choice around holidays. I've never actually had one since I lean toward vegetarianism. For Thanksgiving I had a plant based turkey loaf stuffed with kale & cranberries. It was actually quite delicious plus I had enough left over for two extra meals.

As a child I raised ducklings to adulthood. I can tell you for fact they all have individual personalities just like people. I have never eaten a duck in my entire life and I never will!

The cake to which I am referring is three desserts in one. The bottom layer is a fudge pie, the middle a blue sponge cake, & the top cheese cake. The entire concoction is frosted with buttercream. I purchased this at Walmart same as the veggie turkey loaf.

Smacking my lips together with anticipation I sliced a normal size cake piece for myself.

To my surprise I liked the fudge pie layer best. I'm a cake lover and have never cared much for pie. The cake & frosting were too sweet and I'm someone who loves sweet too. I used to state that it was an utter impossibility for a dessert to be too sweet for me.

It appears someone took that as a challenge!

This cake was so gaggy sweet I had a difficult time finishing it. The buttercream frosting tasted more like whipped cane sugar.

I found the only way I could ever eat another piece was to slice it razor thin. This cake will probably still be in my garage freezer for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment