-->

Friday, October 20, 2023

HOWL--OOO--WEEN!!!

 

My cauldron is ready and for my Halloween blessing I need the ashes of a vampire, the eye of a zombie, the tooth of a chupacabra, the toenail of a yeti, and the spittle from a black cat. -- All items readily available in my neighborhood!

But I'll admit I'm a Scrooge when it comes to Halloween. I always pray for rain! Once again I will be THAT house in the neighborhood! My home will be dark with the blinds drawn. I've got a couple foreign horror films with captions that I can enjoy on mute. I keep a baseball bat by my chair plus I've got a hand siren that could scare the dead from their graves.

Still I get knocks on my door that I ignore. This occurs even years when my windows remain boarded after a hurricane threat; obviously the neighborhood tykes & teens aren't the brightest in the world!

Also I'm alone. I'm uncomfortable opening my door at night to costumed strangers. Especially those who tower over me and I'm 5 ft 7. Some of these "kids" look old enough to be in college or trade school.

A close friend moved to the center of the state. In her new community residents welcoming trick-or-treaters register so they go to those homes only. It must be wonderful to have that option rather than kids just showing up unwelcome.

No way am I going to share my stash of sweets! And I resent my movies being interrupted!

During this season last year I watched an old Dracula movie; one in series starring Christopher Lee. Also one I hadn't seen before! The plot: Four Victorian British tourists traveling thru the Carpathian Mountains are inexplicably abandoned by their driver within view of Dracula's castle. You can guess the rest!

The thing I find admirable about Count Dracula is that he's one resilient corpse! At the end of every movie he's destroyed, yet always manages to pull himself together for a sequel. You have to admire that kind of gumption!

Dracula in that respect is an excellent example to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment