-->

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

LET'S MIX THINGS UP

 

I've read that European women combine perfumes to create unique scents. I love fragrances! Many a Christmas and Birthday I'd receive them from friends & co-workers. However some just weren't me, so I took a cue from the European ladies.

Most of my gift fragrances were in spray form. This required an empty bottle with a wide opening that I would spray into; a little of this one, some of that, and then a bit of another over there. I kept mixing until I got a fragrance I liked.

The only downside was that I couldn't recreate the scent exactly. Often, other women would ask, "What is that delightful fragrance you're wearing?"

I would shrug and say, "Oh just something I threw together," explaining that I like to mix scents. Afterward I'd be on the receiving end of some really strange looks.

Mixing other items works well too! I prefer black tea from India but green & herb teas are supposed to be healthier, also I love flavored teas. So I mix. Then I get the fruity taste of the flavored, green, or herb along with the full-bodied flavor of the black.

However I HATE Chai Tea and pass it up every chance I get!

Since the pandemic I've began mixing oat milk with cow's milk. At the start of the lockdown I was only able to find one or the other at the supermarket. I've been drinking 2 per cent milk for so many decades now that fatty milk makes me gag. So I bought oat instead.

Once home, I tried mixing it with the left over cow's milk and discovered I love the taste!

Fusion food has always been a favorite of mine! If you've never tasted a Mexican pizza you are missing out!

Now with the runaway inflation I'm doing more mixing and experimenting than ever to make everything stretch. It's fun and interesting with surprising results!

No comments:

Post a Comment