-->

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

CUTTING FEELS RIGHT


Henceforth, there will only be ONE or TWO blog postings per month rather than four.

I’m planning significant life changes; my focus needs to be there. Yet to be done are many tasks, planning, & much more research. Not to mention, I’ve got two major exploratory trips ahead and I’d prefer not broadcasting to burglars when I’m away.

Hey, it’s not as if I’m disappointing legions of fans! I’ve got only a handful of followers, and I don’t know how many of those are still reading. I know my friend Rose does, we email nearly every day.

She claims I probably have a lot more readers, but they just aren’t followers. Rose is sweet. But this is wishful thinking. If none of those people enjoy my blog enough to become followers, they are phantoms to me. I make decisions on what I see.

A few have told me they would like to become followers, but are confused by the process involved. These are all women around my age who are not computer savvy. I can understand and sympathize. We are all dinosaurs sloshing around in the same tar pit. But these are friends I see and talk to, at least on a semi-regular basis.

On occasion, I post my blog on Facebook. Before I unleashed the unfriending fairy, I had over 200 “Friends”. Out of these 200 plus people, if only 1 or 2 LIKED my blog, I was lucky!!! Or perhaps more read it and they just didn’t like my writing.

I received way more LIKES for the photos of my newly gray hair! But then, people prefer pictures.

I recall clicking on a “Friend” page where someone posted a photo of their lunch, a stupid salad that didn’t even look that tasty, yet it got 15 LIKES!

I realize my blog isn’t everyone’s flavor of coffee, I get that! Others have always had difficulty relating to me and I find them equally unrelatable. – Thank goodness I say! 

I write this mainly for myself. It’s equal parts memoir & therapy with a scoop of book promotion thrown in. So, therefore I am doing what feels best for me!

Later, when things become settled, my posts will likely be more frequent, again. Also in the not too distant future I plan on starting a new blog, ending this one.

After I return from my exploratory trips, I’ll do plenty of blogging about each. So take heart my compadres, followers, faux Facebook friends, & phantom readers too, as with everything in life, this is only temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment