-->

Saturday, March 2, 2013

SLUTTY CUPCAKES

Recently, at a business networking luncheon, I won a coupon for 4 free cupcakes. Possessing a voracious sweet-tooth I couldn't have been happier if I'd won gold nuggets!

The cute, little shop was called CLASSY CUPCAKES. I chose 1 red velvet, 1 chocolate, 1 combo and 1 vanilla. I relished each one! However, for what they cost (sans coupon) I felt they should have been bigger and fancier! Of course I'm speaking from the prospective of a penny-pinching poor person. For crying out loud, gasoline is almost $4. per gallon now! I doubt I'll be returning  without another coupon, despite the fact their product was so delicious.

But it's next to impossible to screw-up cupcakes, unless you burn or under cook them. I could buy a box of Pillsbury cake mix and make them myself. When my father was alive, I used to bake sheet cakes, fancy holiday cookies, and brownies all the time! Baking is easy! The oven does all the work.

1: Just mix ingredients, stir or whip.

2: Pour in a pan & pop in oven.

3: Set your timer.

4: Make yourself a cup of coffee & read the newspaper until your timer goes off.

5: Take pan out of oven & cool.

6: Finish reading the newspaper.

7: Frost & decorate your cake or cookies.

It's fun!

Perhaps I should start my own cupcake business! I could sell them out of my house or car. Mine would be jumbo sized with lots of colorful frosting and garish ornamentation. I'd call them SLUTTY CUPCAKES!

My business slogan would be: THEY'RE COLORFUL, TASTY & CHEAP; EVENTUALLY THEY'LL PROBABLY KILL YOU. BUT YOU'LL SAVOR THE MEMORIES & DIE WITH THEM ON YOUR LIPS!

That reminds me of the TV show about the 2 broke waitresses and their fledgling cupcake business. From what I see on my screen, those look like plain-Jane cupcakes baked by sluts.

At least with my cupcakes you wouldn't have to worry about catching any diseases, except of course heart disease.

I'm not actually going into the cupcake business. Publix and Walmart already sell slutty cupcakes. Of course they don't call them that, but we all know what they really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment