-->

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A FAREWELL SALUTE TO THE MAPLE BLONDIE

Recently, I celebrated my birthday. First, I treated myself to the latest horror movie in 3D. Afterward, I went to APPLEBEES for my favorite dessert of all time, the Maple Blondie, only to be informed that this piece-of-paradise-on-a-plate had been discontinued. All at once, I was disappointed, shocked, outraged, saddened and horrified. It was the main reason I liked to eat at APPLEBEES! It's their signature dessert!!!

RUBY TUESDAY'S also has a Blondie, but theirs is bone-dry and horrible!

I noticed APPLEBEES seemed to be emphasizing a healthy menu, now. Well I've got news for them, I don't go to a restaurant to eat healthy! (That's for at home.) I go to indulge! I don't treat myself to a restaurant that often. Plus no animal died in the making of a Maple Blondie!

To me, a meal is incomplete without dessert. It's my reward for eating all those awful vegetables like carrots & beets.

I've never been overweight due to my magic metabolism. I can drop weight fast just by eating yogurt or jello for dessert for a few nights rather than my usual pastries. I'm the only woman I know who can do that! I can easily fit into a tight outfit when the occasion arises. Also I work my weights when I'm trying to lose, but I'm not a fanatic about it.

I see these women with the big muscled-out arms and my reaction is ugh! Personally, I think this looks downright hideous on a female.

There is a beautiful woman in Vero Beach who is a fitness expert as well as a gifted writer. She has a column in our local newspaper. When I read it, I enjoy it. I genuinely admire this person. But at the same time, I don't want to be anything like her. Because our ideas of fun are just too different. Sweets are tantamount to poison in her mind.

There is an old saying, "To eat well, is to live well." I believe this means eating food you actually enjoy, at least every now and then. You would have to chain me to a restaurant chair and duct tape my mouth shut to prevent me from ordering dessert!

Columnist Erma Bombeck used to say, she often wondered how many women passed up the dessert tray that last night on the Titanic. -- I'm with Erma! I look forward to meeting her in the afterlife. (Yes,I'll probably drop dead due to my high triglycerides.) And when I do, I'm sure we'll both be enjoying Maple Blondies. Because heaven just won't be paradise without them.


UPDATE: I just learned some APPLEBEES still have the Maple Blondie. Sadly, the one in Vero Beach where I live does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment