-->

Sunday, June 2, 2024

THE STORM & THE AFTERMATH

 

This storm was unnerving to say the least. My house is wood and it felt as if it was being pummeled by rocks ready to come crashing thru my roof any second! Yet it was only hail. The time was late afternoon.

This was the second hail storm I've experienced in this house since moving here in 1999. The first happened around 18 years ago and took place late in the evening. -- That one was truly frightening! The following day neighbor's cars outside were found dented.

At least this one was a daylight storm.

Slowly it ended as the sun was beginning to shine thru again. I looked out my wide bay window and couldn't believe my eyes! A small but vivid rainbow stretched across the length of my back yard. (And no, there was no pot of gold anywhere.) I stopped to stare in astonishment. I'd never seen anything like it!

I stepped away for a few seconds to pour myself a glass of water. When I looked back it was gone, vanished. I know there has to be a scientific explanation for this; but still it felt magical to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment